ANTITRUST AND COMPETITION
Spasov & Bratanov has extensive expertise in counselling corporates on all aspects of antitrust and competition law, including analysis of commercial arrangements and restrictive practices, investigation defence and behavioural advice to alleged dominant players, abuse of stronger bargaining power, unfair competition, state aid, public procurement and competitive tendering, as well as full legal representation in any related litigation. We are well-known in the antitrust community as one of the few local firms experienced in dawn raids and investigations in media and energy markets. Over the years, we have developed expertise in joint-venture agreements, distributorship and agency agreements, unfair competition practices and violations. Recognizing the importance of prevention, we conduct training and assist in the preparation of compliance programmes in accordance with the needs of our clients. We also provide general assistance in all stages of local and cross-border mergers, from preliminary assessment and preparation of merger applications, to obtaining final clearance. Guided by the understanding that competition issues are multi-faceted and critical to every business, we aspire to provide practical solutions even in the most complex of cases.
Selected mandates below:
- Successful representation of CEZ Distribution Bulgaria AD in alleged abuse of dominant position proceedings.
- Representation of Energo Pro Grid AD in alleged abuse of dominant position proceedings.
- Representation of the Bulgarian members of the corporate group of CEZ a.s. in alleged abuse of dominant position proceedings.
- Representation of Nova Broadcasting Group AD in proceedings against BTV Media Group EAD for abuse of dominant position in advertising.
- Advising Renault Nissan Bulgaria EAD on alleged prohibited agreements in distribution contracts.
- Representing Sugar Plant Devnya (Beypar Sugar) in alleged concerted practices proceedings.
- Representing Renault Nissan Bulgaria EAD in a complaint against a former distributor.
- Representing Net Info AD and V box EAD in a complaint against Google Inc., Google Ireland and You Tube LLC.
- Assisting Shell Bulgaria EAD in a dawn raid: seizure and handling of seized information and documents.
- Assisting the members of the corporate group of CEZ a.s. in Bulgaria in a dawn raid: seizure and handling of seized information and documents, and court appeals.
- Assisting the members of the corporate group of Energo Pro a.s. in Bulgaria in a dawn raid: seizure and handling of seized information and documents, and court appeals.
- Representing Melrose Resources s.a.r.l. with regards to an allegation of an uncleared merger, including during in-court proceedings.