Georgi Spasov is the Managing Partner for Spasov & Bratanov and a Member of the Bar since 1993. His areas of specialist knowledge acquired during his overseas research studies include: Banking and Finance Law (London), Securities Exchange and Regulation (Japan); European Banking Law (London) and EU law (The Hague). Georgi has participated in most of the sizeable projects of the partnership in the areas of M & A, banking and securities markets, energy and infrastructure, competition law, litigation and arbitration. He is also a teacher in Commercial Law at the “St. Kliment Ohridski” Sofia University. Mr. Spasov is repeatedly mentioned as one of the leading individuals in the Bulgarian legal profession and is personally recommended in the leading professional directories. He has performed various professional assignments in 22 jurisdictions. He is fluent in English and very good in Russian. In his free time Georgi is known as master gastronome who likes to eat what he cooks.
- Attorney-at-law, Sofia Bar Association, 1993;
- ICSID Panels of Arbitrators and of Conciliators.
- 1998 – T.M.C.Asser Institute, Asser College of Europe, The Hague, The Netherlands;
- 1995 – LL.M. (Lon) in Banking and Finance Law;
- 1989 – 1990, Soka University, Hachioji, Japan;
- 1983 – 1988, Sofia University „St. Kliment Ohridski”, Master of Laws.
- 1999 – Spasov & Bratanov Lawyers' Partnership – Managing Partner;
- 1988 – 2015, Assistant Professor, Senior Assistant Professor , Chief Assistant Professor, Part-time teacher, Sofia University School of Law;
- 1993 – 1999, Bratoev, Konov, Spasov & Mitchev Lawyers' Partnership – Partner;
- 1991 – 1993, Chief In-House Counsel, TSBank AD (restructured in 1997).